Monday, May 5, 2008

SHOULDER REPORT -- DAYS 4-5

Mike slept on the sofa Saturday night – didn’t even take off his clothes. I think he was awake fairly early Sunday but he did get a decent night’s rest. I did, too; I slept 10 hours.

Sunday (yesterday) was a beautiful day. Nellie knew it and insisted we get out of the house. The three of us went for a neighborhood hike after lunch, but that just didn’t suffice. “I insist we go somewhere,” Nellie said with body language.

So, Mike organized a few local geocaches for us to find. Some preliminary work was necessary as one of them was based on the results of a logic problem. Being obsessively compulsive about such things, I worked on it for a couple of hours, but Mike solved it by means of Excel. (Is that cheating?) That search took us to the edge of the Clearwater on Down River Road where we chatted with a couple of fishermen who had never heard of geocaching. We also found two other caches that have eluded Mike for some time.

Last night Mike showered regardless of the instructions forbidding it. I just won’t be held responsible for his actions. Each day he gains more mobility and is now comfortable with clothing changes. He was able to sleep in bed last night. This morning (Monday) we were out several hours running errands. He was tired by the time we were finished.

We’re a little apprehensive about physical therapy late this afternoon. I will go with him. They’re supposed to give him instructions on taking a shower.

Bottle cap finds: Sunday – 2; Monday – 2.

4 comments:

Hallie said...

You're finding lots of caps! You must be wandering down alleyways.

Your shipment came today! I enjoyed that the caps were separated by color and counted. I told Nick, "I guess I know where I get that trait!"

Anonymous said...

Hope Mike is feeling lots better by now. Dan had a hernia fixed (too much snow shoveling this winter) two weeks ago and is doing well. Have to keep our boys in best shape.

Hallie, haven't had a chance to mail the caps yet, but there are more than the original number now. Most of them are brown--Alaskan?? Anyway, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

And Kathy, our email was down over the weekend until late last night and we had to switch servers. So if you wrote a long epistle, send it again. (Just in case you did--I'd hate to miss it.) Email address is the same, thanks to the considerable skills of Ann's husband, Eric, our hero. :-)

Kathy said...

No, I'm not looking for caps in alleys -- tho if I found myself in an alley I would certainly look there. I check parking lots carefully and usually find one or two. I also look around Barleyhopper's if I find myself at TaxTyme. It beats sitting in the office! Once I separated those caps Clint brought by type, it seemed a shame to mix them again. XO

Kathy said...

It sure is good to hear from you, Chris. I didn't know Dan was having a "procedure." Glad he's feeling better. It's so hard for Mike to find things he can do -- and he must be doing something, it seems. He's been reading Don Quixote, which is rather slow going. I know I owe you an epistle but I didn't get to it over the weekend. It's great that Eric solved the problem! KW