Thursday, November 4, 2010

DEER SIGHTING – AS OPPOSED TO SITING DEER

 I was making the bed at 7:45 this morning when I saw them – beyond our north field, beyond the draw, on the hillside now owned by the Millers. I hurried downstairs.

"Mike, there are deer in Miller's field," I called.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" came the reply.

"I see two, three – even more." Mike joined me at the window. First we looked with binoculars, then our telescope. Mike counted eight – a small herd of mule deer.

The season closed with last night's hunt. How do they know?

[Unfortunately we left the camera in town. We always leave something. But here are photos of that hillside taken on another day. The field in the foreground of the first photo is our north field. ]

2 comments:

Hallie said...

It really is uncanny how they seem to know when the season starts and ends.

murray.warnock said...

Makes you feel a bit like Elmer Fudd, I bet. "Those wascally wabbits!"