Monday, March 14, 2011

IT'S LATER THAN I THINK

Once again the time change focuses us on the influence that  sunlight holds over us. Saturday night at suppertime Mike, ever the efficient one, changed some of our clocks to daylight savings time so he wouldn't have to do it on Sunday. I tried to avoid the ensuing confusion by ignoring the clocks during the  evening.

In the quiet winter months after Christmas,  I enjoy watching the days gradually become  longer, but once we switch to Daylight Savings Time, I lose interest -- probably because it's now light through the supper hour and I have things to do.

Sunday morning we  meant to get up early but instead it was after 8:00 a.m. PDT when I arose. What a difference a day makes! On Saturday, the day before, the same hour was 7:00 and a decent enough time to get up.

Even though we  were making a later-than-planned start, we headed down to the levee by-pass for some geocaching. Someone (or several "someones) has placed geocaches -- mostly micros (tiny containers) -- all along the pedestrian trail. Mike found some but not all. I was very little help to him.




Here are a few pictures. The crocus is blooming in our rock garden. The rest I  took along the levee. Despite the winter bleakness still evident, the days are growing warmer and  the hills are greening up. KW

3 comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

& I still have snow on the north side of the house and a flood in the yard!

Kathy said...

Yes, it's mud season at our homesteads.

Chris said...

The snow is going--yay!! But it's raining; March can be such a dreary month up here. Spring will come, or barring that, summer! :-)