Monday, July 1, 2013

FIRST TRIP TO THE BEACH

It was 109 at the town house today, so after discussion, we decided to exercise the dogs at Hells Gate State Park. I really prefer a more private locale for the dogs, but the river is still really high, and I didn't think we should risk losing Bess in the current. 


First swim

"This is easy."


"I'll just sit here and be nonchalant and maybe they won't put me back in the water."

 "Nellie? Is that you over there?"
"Mike wants me to swim to him. Hmmmm. I'll have to think about that."
"My feet touch the bottom here. Don't want to let on that I'm having fun."

"Supper scraps? Let Nellie have 'em. Too tired." KW

2 comments:

Hallie said...

So cute! Looks like puppy is in the SHOE phase!

Kathy said...

Yes, she thinks she's doing something great when she's lugging a big old shoe. At the farm she has an old slipper. She also likes to play under the coffee table and chew cords.