Thursday, September 6, 2007

"DO YOU WANT TO GO BACKPACKING WITH US?"


Mike asked me the other day. NO, I said to myself emphatically, mentally running down the list of valid reasons not to go – walking for hours in stiff hiking boots, carrying a pack on my back, no shower, sleeping on the ground. Trying to sound wistful, I said, “Oh, probably not this year. Besides, you need an anchor person, someone to fix meals before and after the trip, someone rested enough to help those who are tired.”

Thus I have successfully avoided the issue of my own participation in the “annual” backpacking trip while Mike organizes the equipment. We are preparing for the arrival of Hallie and Nick this weekend, preparations that include cleaning counters (and floors).

And that’s what’s up with us right now. But stay tuned. The weekend outing will surely be recounted in full next week. KW

2 comments:

Hallie said...

Yes, the trip should be recounted in full and in glorious Technicolor! (i.e. with photos)

:)

debdog42 said...

I have a friend that puts it perfectly for me. "My idea of roughing it is staying at a hotel without room service!"