Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A SPECIAL SPOT IN THE ROAD

I knew there was a place on Miller Road where the Clearwater River could be seen. Just briefly I spied the river from my perch behind Mike on the 4-wheeler. So, on today’s bike ride, I took myself to the end of Miller Road, and on the way back I began to watch for the spot where I might catch sight of the river. I had begun to think I might have been dreaming, when suddenly it happened again – I saw the river.





I can't name the section of river we see in the photos. I just know it's the Clearwater. I'm sure the spot has been known to locals for generations because there was a narrow turn-out at the spot. It's hazy today -- probably smoke. Now that I know the place, I'll try for a photo on a clear day -- and maybe find someone with info.
At 3:30 p.m., it's 95.4. That's hot for here. It's 75.5 in the house -- quite pleasant. We closed all the windows about 8:30.
Oh -- We haven't seen the horses today. KW

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures! :-) Looks like your new camera was a good choice.

Hallie said...

I guess you figured out the ol' date stamp feature. At least it's not yellow.

Kathy said...

Nephew L.J. surmises that this photo is of the Dworshak Reservoir. I rather thought so, too. If I'm thinking correctly, it's about where the North Fork come into the Clearwater. He said he would have to come see it to be sure. I hope he can do that.

I bet you were hoping I wouldn't find the date stamp. (LOL) I wanted it on for a while because if the horses return (it's been 28 hours since last we saw them here), I want the photos to be dated. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I don't think of these photos as art photos but as records, and therefore a readily apparent date is helpful. I'm still thinking about it.

I think the camera will work out fine.

Anonymous said...

Dan got out his map, and we think you're looking toward Big Eddy. The big white gash at the water's edge definitely makes it the reservoir. Great photos!!

I'll be sending you a nice long email soon. Loved my birthday card! Been busy sewing. Only two weeks until school starts...Wah!!