Thursday, September 3, 2009

A FEW RANDOM WEDDING DAY PHOTOS


Downtown Seattle from the wedding venue, Hamilton View Park in West Seattle, which sits above Elliott Bay. A rainy morning turned into a sunny afternoon, just as the bride predicted. The view was beautiful. Some guests were reluctant to take seats for the ceremony.



Family members chat in the parking lot before the wedding. On the left, Elisha and son Clinton; son Yancey (brown suit, back to camera); our eldest grandson, Douglas; Tiara (bonus granddaughter); grandson Jack; Mike (back to camera); son Milo (mostly hidden by Mike); my niece, Chris, and her sister-in-law.

Both Milo and Chris told me this story. It must have happened. Chris approached Milo and said, "Yancey?" to which Milo replied, "No, guess again." And then she got it right. My parent's grandchildren, "the cousins," were born over a 26-year time span, with our children much the youngest. Chris hadn't seen Milo since he was in high school.




"Isn't my bouquet awesome?!" Hallie shows her bouquet to the photographer. I have often wondered why professional photographers come to the wedding dressed in loud, sloppy clothing. (No offense to the photographer but . . . ) I believe I know the reason. The presence of that loud sweater cannot be overlooked and ruins many snapshots, thereby preserving the photographer's work.



Mother-of-the-bride -- ready to go to the park. I was so fortunate to have found this dress in the wedding colors early in the process. Who would have thought brown would ever be a wedding color? It's everywhere this year. My pink crystal beads were my mother's. I wore the pearl earrings my dad gave me on my wedding day 34 years ago.



Little Emerson Lynn, our youngest grandchild, appeared in a beautiful ruffled brown taffeta number. It would have been such fun to send her down the aisle with a basket of blue and pink flowers. Alas, at 14 months she's just a little too young -- would rather stay with mom and dad, Yancey and Kelly.


The bride's attendants listening to the ceremony. Bridesmaid Jade was Hallie's roommate at Oregon State. She recently earned her MBA and now works in Nome, AK. Maid-of-honor Ellen was Hallie's roommate at the University of Idaho and works as a forester in Colville, WA. (Yes, she is very tall.) KW

No comments: