Sunday, May 19, 2013

A SMALL FINISH

It was 3:00 p.m. on Thursday and technically our embroidery club session was coming to an end. Participants were leaving with projects in various stages of finished, or so it seemed to me. Mine wasn't anywhere near finished.

"I'm going to sit right here until I finish this," said the sewist sitting across from me in quiet tones as the others left. "Otherwise, I will never finish it."

"I know what you mean," I said, "but I just have to go home." I would have stayed with her, but I knew Mike was waiting for me so that we could leave for the farm.

So, that left me to finish the wall hanging alone, and yesterday I settled down to it. Actually I failed to follow instructions carefully (what else is new?), and mine isn't quite exactly like the samples provided by our instructor, Chris of Little Mama Designs. I think, though, that she would say it's fine -- perhaps even the best for this fabric.

Making these things is such good practice. And actually -- I'd kinda like to do it again. I had a good time! KW

4 comments:

Hallie said...

Looks great! Where will you display it for the holiday?

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Looks perfectly fine to me. Congratulations on the finish Kathy!

Chris said...

You banner is so cute! I love the fabrics and the one you chose for the center is just perfect. I'm glad you had fun and want to make another one. Let's do it! One for fall?? :-)

Kathy said...

I overlooked that the center panel should have the wavy stitch. Instead I did a stitch-in-the-ditch on either side. I did it without making a conscious decision about it.

I'll probably hang it near the display stand here in town. I'll get out my "Americana" items.

Chris -- I was actually thinking of making another patriotic banner, but hey! Yeah! Let's do one for fall.