Friday, October 25, 2019

BOO!

Halloween is less than a week away. I enjoyed putting together this generic outfit for Hazel -- not any certain character but just an outfit in the spirit of Halloween. And that's the way it was when I grew up. I never had  a costume -- just a mask, and the mask was problematic because of my glasses. They fogged under the rubber of the mask, and I couldn't see. I don't remember that my candy sack was special either -- probably just a paper bag. I kinda envied the kids whose mothers let them carry a pillowcase. My mother never would have gone for that.






The t-shirt embellishments shown here -- the jack-o-lantern face, #toocute, and Washington girl, as well as the mask -- are machine embroidery designs from appletotes.com. The flowers are a border design from Embroidery Library. I love the knit fabric, a remnant from JoAnn's, because it's soft but heavier than jersey and easy to work with. I liked it so much that I used it for all the shirts, and I hope Hazel doesn't mind. The leggings were made from an over-the-knee sock. It wasn't difficult to fashion a candy sack. Her shoes are a genuine American Girl item.

I had a great time with these things and I don't want to move on. Technically, I could make Halloween outfits until next Thursday, but other things will take me from the sewing room, and it's time to look ahead. It's scary how fast time flies. KW

5 comments:

Chris said...

Oh my goodness!! SO CUTE!! Hazel will love them all! Glad you've had so much fun with them. Christmas themed clothes next??

Kathy said...

I have one shirt to finish -- and a skirt. It would be nice if I finished those so that I don't have to put them away where they will be forever unfinished. And then, I have a Pilgrim dress cut out someplace, I think. If I can find it, I'll finish it. And then -- maybe Christmas. Ina is thinking about Christmas, and she, too, has leftover projects.

But -- a lovely remnant of panne velvet is calling my name. I'm thinking a very simple dress for the holidays.

Becky said...

Oh I LOVE all of them and I'm sure Hazel will also!!

Hallie said...

Very cute! We put out a few yard decorations and lights but haven’t had time for pumpkins or carving. It’s okay. We’ll be lucky if we get even three trick-or-treaters. Hardly worth buying candy, but I guess I should do something. Maybe I’ll get full sized candy bars and we’ll be “that” house and in time perhaps we’ll be popular.

Kathy said...

I'm glad you decorated your yard, and that's enough for two busy people.

As you know, we get very few trick-or-treaters -- if any. We were at Winco today, and when I priced bags of candy, I decided to buy chocolates from the bins. If we get any "treaters," I'll just toss a few in their bags . . . if there are any left.