Saturday, March 9, 2024

MARCH HAPPENINGS

March is a busy month:

10th – Daylight Savings Time

17th – St. Patrick’s Day

19th – First Day of Spring

31st – Easter

Can you believe it's already time to switch back to DST? On Sunday the 10th, most of us in the U.S. will have to adjust our inner clocks to the time change whether we want to or not. The good news for us is that son Murray can have supper with us once again. We don’t see so much of him during the dark months since he avoids driving at night.

I’m really not into spring holidays / happenings. I prefer the cozy autumn / winter holidays that seem more imaginative, conjuring up visions of magic and enchantment. However, I have been wondering if I should crochet a bunny or some fake eggs to add to Silas’ Easter basket, but I think he would be more pleased with M&Ms or a new Matchbox car.

Silas occasionally receives an M&M as a reward. (Yes, one M&M.) He asks for them by color. Since the blue ones are his favorites, there are no blue ones left in the bag and he must choose other colors.

“They all taste the same,” his mother reminds him.

“They didn’t always have blue ones,” comments Mike.

“That’s right,” Hallie agrees. “They added blue in the ‘90s, and they quit making the light brown (tan) ones.”

Want M&M,” says Silas. “PLEEZ.”

“Okay, you can have one – just ONE,” his mother agrees. “What color do you want?”

“A green one,” says Silas, and then he pauses and adds, “after a yellow one.” What a clever negotiator! KW

2 comments:

Hallie said...

I often let him have two. I’m not a monster. Haha

Kathy said...

At lunch with P.E.O. sisters the other day, I told them the M&M story. I heard one sister comment quietly to another, "Can you imagine eating just one M&M?"