Friday, October 4, 2024

PERSONAL EFFECTS

“You are welcome to use anything that is mine,” said son Milo when I told him Mike had hung his cool wall clock in the den at the farmhouse and I had taken over his wonderful lap board. I promised we would return them when he was ready, but now he won’t ever be back.

So, today was the day that we sorted through Milo’s stuff. We agreed that we needed to get it done while the weather is decent. It was a family effort. Sons Murray and Clint arrived at the town house at 8:00 this morning. Clint set up some folding tables in the garage, and we commenced to go through storage bins, boxes, and bags, loading items for donation into Clint’s pick-up.

“I could use this,” one of us would say from time to time, and that was nice. No one wanted what someone else could use, and that was nice, too.

It was a lovely morning. We worked steadily and were finished by noon. Well, I say we were finished, but Clint would still have to sort through the stuff in the bed of his pick-up, keeping some things and taking others to the thrift store.

After lunch, Murray and Clint left, and Mike and I worked along at clean-up until about 1:30 when a dust storm commenced. I was so glad we had finished. KW

[There is no pictorial record of this event. I didn't want one.]


No comments: