Thursday, October 31, 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



THE HALLOWEEN SONG
Chester’s roaming in an open patch;
Jack is stepping on his toes;
We’re all waiting for Great Pumpkin to come
And we’re dressed up in goblin clothes.
Everybody knows the goodies that Great Pumpkin brings
Help to make our “spirits” bright.
Pumpkin followers with flashlights aglow
Will keep their watch all through the night.
They know Great Pumpkin’s coming back.
He’ll bring a lot of toys and goodies in his sack.
And all the kids will gather in a batch
When the Great Pumpkin rises out of the patch!
And so I’m offering this wise advice –
“You’re gonna grin from ear to ear
On Halloween night when the Great One returns
If your patch is sincere!”

From The Peanuts Book of Pumpkin Carols
a Hallmark “Peanuts Gallery” booklet, 1960s

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

5 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for the words! I sang them in my head. :-)

Happy pumpkin day!

Kathy said...

I'm so glad that I could have little part in awakening the good spirit of Halloween in you. Have a spicy drink.

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Thanks Kathy - it makes me feel better just reading!

Hallie said...

And NOW we can all start decorating for Christmas!

Kathy said...

Yes, you can start decorating for Christmas. I'm going to put away Halloween and get out my Pilgrims and my Thanksgiving house. BUT -- Thanksgiving is late this year and that will take some careful Christmas organizing.