Wednesday, April 21, 2021

CATCHING UP

Mike and I are preparing to go to the farm tomorrow. I say “preparing” because I’m packing some things from my sewing room here in the town house to store at the farmhouse during "The Grand Re-do." I’m also baking cookies and packing snacks. Maybe I’ll even make some sandwiches while I fix supper because I really don’t like to make sandwiches first thing in the morning. 


On Monday, we finished cutting and stacking the maple wood. We got quite a lot of wood out of that maple tree, and it’s comforting to know that Mike won’t need to scout around for wood this year. We have some maple wood at the farm which he intends to add to this pile.

It's that awkward time of year when we still need sweatshirts in the morning but by mid-afternoon we just have to exchange it for a t-shirt. Once dressed, I don’t like to change my clothes, but sometimes it can’t be helped.

I had occasion to meet with Niece Becky and provide a few outfits for Hazel, her granddaughter’s doll. I made Hazel a new pair of jeans and also a pair of cut-offs. Liberty Jane designed this pattern, which I consider an engineering feat, given the shape of the American Girl’s derriere. Note the machine embroidered back pockets, designs by “Artistic Amy.” Such fun!

The sweater and the swimsuit cover-up are crochet designs from Little Abbee. You know, when I was a girl, most doll clothes patterns were for knitting, not crochet. I did try my hand at knitting, but I really just wanted to crochet, and I was disappointed for the lack of patterns. (A designer I am not.) But today, wonderful crochet patterns for doll clothes are available, and I am enjoying them.

And that’s it for today. I hope when I get to the farm tomorrow I will see the daffodils in bloom. KW

4 comments:

Chris said...

Those doll clothes are amazing!! You're having too much fun with them! So cute and I'm certain Hazel will love them. :-)

Kathy said...

As you well know, Chris, it's fun but also challenging. For the crochet items, the gauge has to be right. I have re-started countless times. The jeans aren't as easy as simple pants, but the instructions take it step by step.

Becky said...

These items are fabulous. Your talent is amazing. And Hazel loves them!!

Kathy said...

Becky,
It makes me so happy to hear that Hazel likes her new clothes. Thanks for telling me.