Sunday, January 29, 2023

A BRIEF COLD SNAP

The morning low was +15F. Right now, the thermometer here reads 28 (feels like 22), but it’s a clear, sunny day. The forecast is for 11 overnight and 30 tomorrow – so about the same. By Tuesday, it will warm up a bit.

Bess has been resting outside in the sun for 
hours, evidently preferring the fresh air to the warmth of the house. Mike threw a ball for her this noon in the back yard, and he said that after seven retrieves, she took the ball and went home. Good for her! She’d had enough.

The afghan kit I ordered was delivered yesterday. I'm anxious to start it, but first I have something to finish. KW


4 comments:

Chris said...

Ooo! A new kit! I just got a wall-hanging kit from Kansas Troubles that I really like. We're in business for further winter weather. And it is cold right now! I'm with Bess--indoors is the place to be right now.

Kathy said...

Actually, Bess is staying outside even though it's cold. She must absorb the warmth from the sun. We don't know how she can stand it.

Great to hear that you have a new kit, too, Chris. My great fear is that the outdoor work will come along before I'm ready and interrupt my progress with the indoor arts. (Let's face it -- I'll never be ready for the outdoor work.)

Chris said...

Oh yeah—you did say she was laying in the sun. Short memory here. . . And I totally understand never being ready for outdoor work. Another reason we’ve been friends for lo these sixty-eight years.

Kathy said...

No, it's not your memory. I think it's because I said she took the ball and went home, which naturally drew a picture that she came into the house. She just went back to her sunny spot next to the house.

Yes, and we recognized our similar interests when we were in kindergarten. You know what they say about kindergarten. I think it was more accurate for our generation than it is today. Maybe we should take another look at what kids learn in kindergarten.