| A colorized postcard view of Yellowstone Lake from the 1920s |
August 4, 1926
At
Leek’s Camp at Jackson Lake. We plan to go back through S.E. entrance to
Yellowstone Camp and on to Lake Camp, still on Yellowstone Lake.
[Ina completed her journal and apparently mailed it home. She didn’t begin another letter, so now the information about the trip is sketchy, mostly from postcards and the backs of pictures. They left Jackson Lake and went back to Yellowstone Park where they camped and did more sight-seeing. I’ll include here Ina’s “Wayside Notes,” indicating what worked.]
· The tent is priceless,
far above rubies. The feather beds are very comforting. Glad we brought ‘em
along.
· Shirley’s vanity case
is the handiest thing on the works and the little Vaseline can in constant
demand.
· The little suitcase is
next in the honor roll, holding all the little indispensables of our toilets.
· The box which started
out to hold fry pans and buckets was commandeered the second A.M. to ride the
running board to hold extra wraps and parcels. Our backseat was much more
comfortable ever after.
· I soon found I could
pin my hat onto the wide cloth band in corner of car cover, so I don’t wear it
much.
· At the desert station called Yale, Shirley put her black tie around my head, and I’ve been more respectable ever since.
No comments:
Post a Comment