Monday, February 10, 2020

FOUND IT!


The full moon caught my eye at dusk on Saturday (Feb. 8). It was a great time to capture a photo.
I had word from Hazel the other day. (Hazel is Allyn’s doll, remember?) “Grandma” is coming my way next week, she said, and she wondered if I have any clothes for her. That’s just the boost I need to finish some doll outfits. More on that when I’m ready to take pictures.

Well, I have a nice yard of flannel that says “The snuggle is real” and I also have a new pattern for which it would be perfect, but do you think I can find it? I searched the flannel box, the “softs” box, the “big pieces” box, and Hazel’s box, and then all the boxes. I can’t find it in the storage shed, and it wasn’t in the closet. 

Now in plain sight
Hiding under the clothes
BUT – while I was searching the closet, I found the “Christmas Truck” panel and fabric for which I’ve been hunting, neatly folded into a project bag, instructions and all, tucked on top of the shelves where it was hidden under hanging clothes. Yes, I had truly hidden it from myself. My plan was to start this panel quilt in January, and now January has passed and I have other priorities, but hopefully I can work it into the queue before next Christmas. 

 

Bess and Mike share some down time on the old sofa. KW






4 comments:

Becky said...

I caught the moon the other night just as it was coming up. It was spectacular! Big, orange and beautiful!

Kathy said...

Oh! I'm glad you saw it. "I see the moon, the moon sees me."

Chris said...

I'm so glad you found your truck quilt project! And hopefully by now you've found the fabric and pattern for Hazel's new nightgown. I can't tell you how many times I've had things hidden in plain sight. Dan has the same problem and sometimes we'll ask each other to look, and lo and behold, new eyes usually do the trick.

Kathy said...

Mike is extremely adept at misplacing things, which I help him find. When it comes to my various stashes, I try not to involve him, if you know what I mean.