Thursday, May 14, 2020

DAISY DRESS, SHRUG AND BAG -- MY REWARD


Last week, a special reader commented that I should have a reward for assisting Mike with the firewood. I was totally onboard with the idea, ordered my prize, and here it is: the “Daisy Dress, Shrug and Bag” from “Tea Time Fabric Panels,” an Etsy store (here).

 








I have looked longingly at this website from time to time but haven’t ordered. If I may be frank, for what these panels cost, I could make a bunch of doll outfits of a similar style. I even know the pattern I would use to replicate this design. The panel is what it is and is not an opportunity for creativity. What the panel offers is convenience – just cut and sew – and a print scaled to the size of the doll. This company provides a detailed instruction booklet and notions needed to complete the outfit (except thread), and the price includes postage and handling. 


Shirley Anne, Molly, and especially Maryellen look forward to wearing this outfit. I wish I could sit down and stitch it right up, but I’m in the midst of organizing my sewing room, which means it’s even messier than when I started. Well, I’ll sew again – someday. KW

10 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Thanks to this post I checked out the Etsy page. Though the outfits are cute I cringed at the panel's price. I may on a whim purchase a panel one day but for now it can wait.

Kathy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with the price. The "Daisy Dress" was discounted on close out, which is the reason I chose it.

While I do like to support the designers who feed my love of crafting for dolls, we can make lovely things without spending a lot of money.

Chris said...

Good for you! It was a site I'd never visited before, and as you say, the prices are quite high, but some of the outfits are very cute! Maryellen will especially love it for sure. Let us know how the sewing goes--when you get done with your sorting!

Kathy said...

I'll be sure to show my cut-and-sew creation. Sorting is right!

Hallie said...

I'm glad you treated yourself!

Kathy said...

If nothing else, I enjoyed the process of selecting, ordering, anticipating. Maybe I'll do it again.

Chris said...

Do it!! Do it again!!

Kathy said...

Haha! Are you trying to get me into trouble? I'd love to, but it would probably just be added to the stacks in the sewing room. I think I have more projects on my bucket list than I can finish in what time I have left -- and I'm not one to dwell on that subject.

Chris said...

Nope, just want you to have fun. :-)

Kathy said...

Thank you, Chris. I wish the same for you.