Friday, May 28, 2021

OFF TO TOWN AGAIN / PHASE III FINISHED

So, back to town we went on Thursday (May 27). We dropped two old eyesore chairs off at the landfill in Orofino and carried Grandma Ina’s vintage rocker to the modular home.

 

 

We arrived in town shortly after 9:00. It was warm and pleasantly breezy. The carpet installation (Phase III) was finished, and we are pleased with it. In Phase IV, Mike and I will clean and sort, and in Phase V, we’ll move the furniture back in.

We picked up a few things at the house and traded the old pick-up for the Jeep. Then we went shopping – North 40 for a weedkiller, a tomato plant, and garden seeds; Big Five for my new shoes; and Winco for a few more groceries. You can never have too many groceries at the farm, or that’s the way it seems.

We left town at noon. It was 81 as we passed through Orofino, 73 at the farm. Mike quickly donned his cycling togs and hit the road, hoping to beat the predicted windstorm. I told him he was on his own. I worried about him on Saturday when a storm arose, but by the time I found him, it was all over.

Daughter Hallie and Nick are here now to spend the long weekend. I suppose next week Mike and I will return to the town house to begin Phase IV, but the town forecast is for 101 by Wednesday. KW

2 comments:

Hallie said...

The new carpet is great! I hope you can work in some rest while you are moving back in.

Kathy said...

Ha! "No rest for the weary." Not only tired but hot. We made progress, though. We're connected, and that's the important thing.