Sunday, March 12, 2023

IT’S LATER THAN YOU THINK

We all might say it from time to time: “It’s later than you think.” Today as we switch to daylight savings time, it seems especially appropriate.

So, where did the phrase, “It’s later than you think,” come from, I wondered to myself. Turns out, it’s a song title. “Enjoy Yourself (It’s Later Than You Think)” was published in 1949. You can hear various renditions on YouTube, and apparently it’s still in popular use. I wasn’t so impressed with the song, but the saying has been around my whole life – literally. KW

3 comments:

Hallie said...

This saying doesn't ring bells for me...

Kathy said...

Huh! I guess you're just too young. Especially as people grow older in this life, they might say, "I should do such and such now because it's later than you think."

Chuck said...

I thought that referred to women having babies.