Saturday, March 4, 2023

ON THE BRINK OF SPRING

"Dogs were born to lie in the sun."

Here we are in the last weeks of winter, and despite the chilly wind, I can tell our world is moving toward spring. Even though I have watched the days grow longer since Christmas, it still seems like it happens all of a sudden. And along these lines, we return to daylight savings next Sunday, March 12. 

Daffodils in need of thinning

I love to watch the early bloomers, but my crocus seem to have disappeared. Perhaps I’ll replant some this fall. But the daffodils are pushing up, including a dozen or so that I wanted to take to the farm last fall but couldn’t find. I will place stakes while I can still see where they are and transplant this coming autumn.

Well, all danger of frost is not past, but today is a lovely “spring” day. Mike and son Murray are tearing apart Murray’s old Vitus bicycle to refurbish its components. It’s a good time when a bicycle enthusiast has a project like this. KW

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hmmm, it keeps snowing up here. And staying in the 30s. But sooner or later spring will come!

Kathy said...

Yes, just a few miles away but at higher elevations, it's another world. It's too soon to attempt a trip to the farm. It IS getting warmer, though, and then it will be mud season.

Chuck said...

Still snowing here, but also melting during the day. Spring is not here yet.