Tuesday, November 7, 2023

TIME CHANGE CONFUSION

Not only have we fallen back to standard time but the days are cloudy and dark. Being a rational individual, I can deal with an inner clock that’s a little confused, but Bess is another story. Mike wants to take her for her afternoon walk between 4:00 and 5:00, but  as the days grow shorter, Bess wants to go earlier. She now begins to whine, beg, and mope at 2:30. If we walk her early, she wants her dinner early. One thing is certain -- she must begin to wear her fluorescent collar.

As mentioned in a previous post, daughter Hallie was successful in finding snuggle flannel in a discontinued design, “Monkeys Riding Bicycles,” so that she could replace Silas’ “lovey,” which had become a rag. The fabric, found on eBay, had actually been hemmed as a blanket already, but it was big enough that she could cut it to the needed size. After she hemmed it last weekend, they were ready to make the switch. While Hallie and Silas were out of the house, Nick spirited Old Monkey away, leaving New Monkey in its place. Hallie reported that Silas continues to interact with New Monkey and hasn’t noticed a difference. However, it was unacceptable when I sent a blanket in a different monkey print, so those monkeys on bikes evidently appeal to him.

It looks and feels like fall now. The purple ash tree has dropped all its leaves, and now the maple is turning color.


I set out my Thanksgiving things on the display stand. I’m not sure all these things belong on the same stand, but they make me happy, and that’s what counts.



And here’s the 10-minute table runner I made on a Thanksgiving theme. It took me three hours, but hey! – I started it, and I finished it, and I used fabric from my stash. KW

 

No comments: