Friday, December 22, 2023

DAY 22 -- ADVENT 2023

 A SKIMPY CHRISTMAS

Christmas is another day closer, and I'm not ready. In fact, with this Christmas season, I have gained two more unfinished projects and a whole lot of wonderful ideas. It just couldn’t be helped. With Milo's passing, we had important work to do.

I might have canceled our family celebration, but Hallie talked me out of it. We need to be together, she said, and Silas is loving the wrapping paper and bows. I’ve been wrapping gifts in reusable fabric bags for years, but I will wrap Silas’ presents in paper and attach pretty bows. As for the adults, Santa is just filling stockings with “quality” items this year.

“It will be a skimpy Christmas with everyone well remembered,” said Ina. Ours will be skimpy, too – or rather, our focus will be on togetherness rather than gifts. Being together is the best gift anyway.

And then Grandma Ina whispers, “You can stand it all just fine. Be strong.” KW



2 comments:

Chris said...

That Ina. She knew her stuff. And Hallie is right, too. Being together beats any imagined lack of preparedness; after all, true Christmas is about love.

Becky said...

I agree. Christmas is truly about getting together with loved ones. That is our gift! Love you!