Saturday, April 13, 2024

WHAT TO WEAR, WHAT TO WEAR

It’s suddenly turned quite warm. It was 55 at 6:00 this morning, about the same as at bedtime last night.

So, it’s time to drop the winter uniform – my comfortable warm-ups and sweatshirts – and find something else to wear that’s not only suitable for the season but also age-appropriate. No easy feat! It’s a dilemma every year.

It will likely reach 80 today and tomorrow, but next week will be cooler again with very little chance of precipitation.

Mike and Hallie have an upcoming conference call relating to Milo’s homicide, and we are relieved for this sign of progress. Certain documents are restricted due to the criminal investigation, and we hope those will soon be released. KW

5 comments:

Chris said...

When my current wardrobe is finally on it's last legs, I think I'll have to turn into a total recluse, wearing only my aging bathrobes and socks. There is no place to shop anymore.

Hoping to hear some encouraging news from the conference call. ❤️

Kathy said...

So true! No place to shop -- not even in your town? I just ordered a t-shirt from an Etsy seller, and I'm nervous that it will fit. One never knows.

Thanks for thinking of us. I expect the call is just a formality.

Chris said...

No, there's no place to shop up here, unless you count Maurices, where I can sometimes find a shirt or top. No Macys, no Pennys, a few high school/college girl stores, but that's all. Tri-State has sportswear, but it's for the seriously sporty people and apparently most of them wear size xs. LOL!!

Hallie said...

Piling on about shopping woes. I have to drive at least 30 minutes to get somewhere that I can shop. I've never really enjoyed shopping, but it is a necessary evil. I DO actually order things now, but that's mostly because there is not other choice.

It's supposed to be 70 here tomorrow. I might have to dig out some shorts!

Kathy said...

It's not 70 here at altitude. And apparently next week will be cool, too.

Sister Harriet and I shopped at Christopher & Banks in your town, Chris -- probably 10 years ago now. She encouraged me to buy a couple of tops that I enjoyed, but without her advice, I probably wouldn't have purchased them. So, I take it Christopher & Banks are gone. Not exactly a store you'd expect to find in a college town anyway.

I recently bought a personalized t-shirt from a Etsy seller, to wear during our Memorial Day family reunion, and I love it! So glad I found it.