Sunday, December 30, 2018

A FEW FINISHES

Above -- Hallie tossed Primo's blanket over Nellie and she seemed to enjoy it, so Hallie went to JoAnn's and bought Nellie her own blanket.

Right -- One of the dogs treed a squirrel. Strange to see a squirrel because there aren't many trees in this neighborhood.
 Here's a hornets nest in the maple tree. We didn't see it until the leaves had fallen. We knew we had a lot of wasps / hornets but didn't know where they were coming from.
Hallie and Nick's creations







Santa left a 3D reindeer cookie cutter in my stocking, and Hallie wanted to try it out. I mixed the dough, and she and Nick cut and decorated the cookies. They made nine reindeer -- the "original" eight and Rudolph.
Daughter Hallie and husband Nick





They were tasty gingerbread cookies, too. I find the spices are so important with gingerbread. This recipe called for a good-sized touch of cloves, which I like. KW

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, I love this!! What beautiful cookies--I'm totally impressed. Looks like you all had fun with them. Love gingerbread cookies, I may have to go eat one of my undecorated ones now!

Will you attempt to knock the bee's nest down?

Kathy said...

I think we should knock that nest down. Frankly, I should research because I know nothing about these nests. Do they abandon them? I tell you what, though -- it's alarmingly large.

I'll bet Hallie and Nick spent two hours meticulously decorating the cookies. Then we ate them. This is the reason I struggle with holiday baking -- wonderful but time-consuming, and it's something you eat.

Chris said...

I'm guessing they had a lot of fun decorating. They didn't have all things on their minds that you did. At least that's what I tell myself when I don't do something like that. I didn't get any cookies decorated this year, and I truly meant to.

Kathy said...

That's a great philosophy, Chris! I'm sure they had things on their minds -- just not the logistics of a Christmas celebration.

I know I've said this before, but one year when everyone came to my house, I didn't have time to frost the cookies, so I put he cookies on the table with the frosting. It kept the youngsters busy and was really a lot of fun.