Wednesday, September 30, 2020

GETTING THINGS DONE – OR NOT

  “I have so much to do that sometimes I just don’t do anything,” I heard daughter Hallie say.

 

I was so glad to hear that I’m not the only one who sometimes just can’t get started with my “to do” list – so glad, in fact, that for a moment I was speechless. “I feel like that, too!” I said. (Confidentially, I thought old age was creeping in on me, so I was relieved to hear a young person can feel that way, too.)

But I felt for Hallie because she’s a lot like her dad and Grandma Bennie – doing and doing and getting things done and also finding it difficult when she needs down time.

 

But this last week I was proud of myself. I wanted to finish some outfits for Hazel, a doll I sew for. I just have this mindset that sewing is something I do when other tasks are finished, so days will go by when I want to sew but don’t. But last week, knowing that I had a deadline (Friday), I gave the sewing priority for several days. I sewed for a while, then I did other tasks. The sewing was the focus of my day, and I took breaks to do the other tasks. It went well.

The doll clothes were delivered, and now it’s time to re-assess and move on. Christmas is coming. Ina has to get busy! KW

[I'm still experimenting with posting photos. I hate to admit it, but if I don't take pictures of what I've done, I might just do the same outfit again! Too many projects dance in my mind.

Okay -- let's press "publish" and hope for the best.]

3 comments:

Chris said...

The pictures looks perfect! I like them all in a row like that. And the outfits are so cute!! Well done. (My sewing room thinks I died; it's been forever since I've been in there. I'm the same as you--sewing happens when all else is done.)

Kathy said...

I like the doll outfits in a row. I'm not sure it would work for scenery shots. They ended up in a row, and I said, "FINE!" It seems impossible to put them beside the text. Hallie is coming in a couple of weeks, and she says we'll play with it.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been in your sewing room. Such nice things come out of there, but it needs you to make it happen. However, we mustn't forget all those lovely peach products that flowed from your kitchen. We just can't do it all, at least, not all the time.

Chuck said...

The dolls are beautiful! Keep up the good work. Who will now enjoy them, besides you?