Monday, January 4, 2021

WALL ART [UPDATED]

Several days ago, we discussed here whether or not I should buy a calendar for my sewing room when we have a stack of many freebies. I was encouraged to buy one that I like, and I chose Mary Engelbreit's "Back to the Drawing Board" calendar.

 

It seems like I just ordered that calendar. It was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but it came today (Monday)! Oh joy!


I like this nice big calendar -- 12x24 when open. Here's a picture of the January page.





 

And I took the folder and tacked it to the wall as well.

 

It's nice color on the wall, and the whimsical touch is just right. 

 

 

[UPDATE: I discovered that the lower half of the calendar -- the calendar page -- includes a depiction of Mary Engelbreit's original artwork
with the date it was published. I like it! It's a nice comparison.]

3 comments:

Chris said...

That calendar is just you and a bright spot in your room each month. Well done!

Chris said...

Oh, and that original picture of A Book is a Present? A poster of that was one of the first things I bought when I began teaching. I laminated it and it was in my room for the duration. I loved it!

Kathy said...

Chris, I remember that you enjoy Mary Engelbreit's art. The update compared to the original is noticeably different some 35 to 45 years later. I'm not sure the difference can be summed up simply. I guess I would say that the pictures are more relatable to today, as one would expect of an update. :)