Monday, August 9, 2021

MORE HARVEST PHOTOS

From the top of Plank's Pitch looking across June's field to the north field
The house and grove beyond June's field

Brother Chuck has appreciated the harvest photos in previous posts. I told him I had taken about 35 photos, but I thought they were kinda fuzzy. He said they looked good enough to him. How could he see more, he wanted to know. So, I'm posting more harvest photos.

Combining the north field

Mike and I were in town over the weekend. We shopped two grocery stores and came back this morning with lots of supplies. Mike is grilling chicken breasts and I'm sauteing zucchini. No, it's not from my garden. It's Albertson's finest. The zucchini in my garden is still little. I did pick a nice tomato for our salad, though. (Glad we're not dependent on these raised beds for our sustenance.)

The south field; smoke in the canyon

It was a lovely old-fashioned summer day here -- about 80 degrees with a nice fresh breeze. This evening we walked up Plank's Pitch, around Pete's pond, and then back across June's field. What a treat to actually come down into the yard instead of climb up the lane. KW

Plank's Pitch (See Bess?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Kathy. Yes < I can see Bess quite clearly. When I enlarge the pictures, they are really great. The pictures bring bak fond memories of times gone by. You bring joy to my life. Thank you for that. You are truly a great sister.

It wouldn't let me put my name on the comment, hence anonymous.

Kathy said...

Haha! I knew it was you, though, Chuck. Yes, enlarging the pictures is wonderful!

I've just finished baking a batch of cookies, and now Bess and I will head over east to take pictures of the fire break for the next post.