Thursday, April 14, 2022

GOING MASKLESS / GETTING BOOSTED

“Go ahead and take off your mask,” say the pandemic officials, “but you’d better get a second booster.” Does it make sense that we can let down our guard if we need another booster?

I waited nearly an hour at Albertsons this morning to get boosted, even though I had an appointment. "We forgot about you," said the pharmacist. I would have done as well -- perhaps better -- if I had just walked in. The advantage of getting the shot at Albertsons is that they reward you with a grocery coupon, and today they gave me an extra $5.00 coupon because I had “slipped between the cracks.” But next time – oh yes, there will undoubtedly be a next time – I might try elsewhere. To be fair, these are difficult times for providers.

Meanwhile, we’re having another week of winter, and some folks are complaining about the inclement weather, especially the cold temps. And because it’s cold and not much fun outdoors, some of us are showing signs of cabin fever.

Our yoga group started in-person sessions again this week, and Mike and I have participated. And Mike and Bess have resumed visits to several residential care centers. KW

No comments: