Monday, June 27, 2022

HEAT ADVISORY

A bull snake finds shade under Mike's grill

Mike and I came back to town on Sunday, June 26. He has another project going at the farm and needed some supplies, and we can always use groceries, especially fresh produce. And it was son Murray’s birthday, so we invited him to dinner. Mike grilled a salmon that Ken gave us and also made ice cream. My part was minimal.

The bull snake scales the foundation

But – yesterday was 96 here in the valley and today is 101. The weather service actually issued a heat advisory for today. I don’t know why because we’re not strangers to triple-digit heat even though this is the first one of the summer. In fact, Nevertheless, Mike exercised Bess this morning when it was cool, and we both did yard work early. Our yoga group met at the park, which was most pleasant. But this afternoon we mostly stayed inside.

Bull snake rests head on the wheel

Mike called me outside yesterday afternoon so that I could see this bull snake enjoying the shade of his grill. We do see snakes, even rattlers, in this neighborhood. The photos here were taken with my phone. KW

No comments: