Thursday, September 21, 2023

HERE’S ONE FOR YOU

As I shopped at Albertsons recently, I had an “elder moment,” though I like to think that these things can happen to anyone.

Anyway, while shopping, I put a carton of cottage cheese into my cart. Next, I picked up a quart container of vanilla yogurt. Then I remembered that it might be better to get the yogurt at another store, so I returned it to the case.

Back at the house, I put the groceries away. It wasn’t until I went to get the cottage cheese for lunch that I realized I had purchased the vanilla yogurt, not the cottage cheese, which meant that I had put the cottage cheese into the cooler with the yogurt.

“Oh well,” I said to Mike, quelling my embarrassment. “The store will take care of it. They undoubtedly have quite a bit of this sort of thing for one reason or another.”

Three days later, I returned to Albertsons to pick up a few things for our stay at the farm, including cottage cheese. I was amused – but maybe not too surprised – to see the container of cottage cheese still there in the yogurt case. And yes, I bought it.

Clearly, store personnel is not paying much attention. KW

3 comments:

Chris said...

LOL!! (And I love vanilla yogurt, too! Especially the Greek style.)

Hallie said...

Speaking of Albertson's / Safeway. Safeway has these digital coupons where you have to scan a barcode in the store to get the deal (you all know what I'm talking about). I absolutely HATE those!!! It'll be some ridiculous amount of savings, so I can't NOT do it, but it slows me down and is aggravating. In a busier store, this would be a problem while other shoppers wait 5 minutes to get their eggs while I fool with my phone. I can't wait for the new Metropolitan Market across the street to put our Safeway out of business.

Kathy said...

I shop Albertsons for several reasons. The store is clean, uncrowded, the produce is good, it's the closest real grocery store to my home, and I know where the items I want are located. BUT -- no other store makes me work so hard for my bargains!! Amazingly, people continue to shop there. I thought merging with Kroger's would be a good idea, but the WA State Attorney General didn't agree with me.

I choose my digital coupons at home before I go to the store. I do it through the website on my laptop, but you can also use the app. It's a difficult system, and they should be embarrassed to offer it.

Plus, when you shop there, you have to provide your phone number or you have to pay full price for your items. You have to be a "member." That's just wrong. Grocery stores provide a service that all of us need.

End of rant.