Wednesday, June 27, 2018

STAYCATION 2018 CLOSES -- TUESDAY


Just a quick finish to let followers know that Mike is home.

Happy dog -- a big pillow all to herself
At 1:00 p.m., Mike called from Cascade, Idaho, where he was eating his lunch. He said he would be home in four hours, but the online travel time estimate was 4 ½ hours, so I split the difference and figured he’d be here at 5:15.

At 5:15 p.m., I took the dogs outside to wait. Not realizing they were waiting for anything, Nell and Bess quickly climbed the bank and disappeared into the field. The neighbor noticed me and said, “Mike must be on one of his adventures. I see you out with the dogs.”

I explained that yes, Mike had been on one of his adventures but was due home any minute. “In fact,” I said, “I hear him now.” And there he was.

We know where dogs were born to lie
"It's all right," he said, when I told him the dogs were in the field. "Hupp, hupp," he called, and in about 15 seconds Bess showed up and expressed her elation that he was finally home. Nellie didn't hear the call, but she ambled up later and gave him a friendly wag of the tail.

I think he actually made it home with all his stuff this year. He found the missing snap jack when he unpacked. A item in a black bag is hard to find when it's inside another black bag.

So, now it’s on to the next thing – whatever that is. Today Mike cleaned his motorcycle and repaired the awning over our back door. Tomorrow we go to the farm. And Friday – we’ll see. Is he tired? Probably – but he hasn’t

noticed yet. KW

2 comments:

Hallie said...

Good that everything can return to normal. I will stop worrying. :)

Kathy said...

As if that worrying did any good at all . . .