Thursday, January 2, 2020

TAKING DOWN THE CHRISTMAS TREE

We still have our decorations and Christmas tree and I think I won’t take them down for a few more days. -- Shirley Dobson, Jan. 2, 1933

Our Christmas tree is still up, and I think I'll take it down today. The time comes when it's something that has to be done, whether or not I'm ready, and so I just as well step up to it. It always seems a bit sad to take it down when putting it up is a happy event, but on the other hand, it's time to get ready for next Christmas, and that happens in the sewing room. KW



 

2 comments:

Chris said...

Our tree is still up and will be for a while longer. We didn't get it up until a few days before Christmas and so it should last. This year's is particularly gorgeous and it's a pleasure to just stand and admire it. And I love the glow of the lights each evening.

Kathy said...

I love the glow of the Christmas tree in the evening, too, and I miss our tree. If I were in your shoes, I'd certainly leave it up, too. I do have other Christmas things out, and in the evening, I light candles in the kitchen window.