Thursday, August 13, 2020

BESS AND ME IN TOWN, DAY 2


Wednesday, Aug. 12
Today I ordered two sets of four glass pattern weights as a staycation gift. Sewists have known forever that pinning the pattern pieces to the fabric causes distortion. These distortions, however slight, are noticeable in quilting and in sewing for dolls. I have long wanted pattern weights and look forward to using them.

This morning I met with the yoga group at Beachview Park – so pleasant in the morning coolness. It was really quite cool all day – even rained a bit.

I spent hours downloading old newspaper articles to my laptop so that I could cancel my archive subscription. Only then did I allow myself to sew, and I didn’t finish the hibiscus dress for Hazel. I did, however, make a cute bandeau top from the cuff of a sock. Maybe I’ll make it into a Halloween outfit.  

Today, Mike drove son Murray from Denver to Salt Lake City where he stays with his mother. They arrived safe and sound. Daughter Hallie is staying at Yancey’s in Denver until Friday. Last week’s cheap air fares jumped up this week, and she got a better price by waiting until Friday to fly back to Seattle. And yes, she is working right where she is. KW

1 comment:

Chris said...

So disciplined to finish your downloading, but I know that single-mindedness and you did well. The dress will finish easily and you have plans for more outfits!

Glad everyone's travel plans worked out and that Hallie was able to work remotely even from another state. It's amazing when I think about it. Plus I'm sure she enjoyed time with family as the distance makes it hard to do very often. Airfare prices boggle my mind. Why do they change so? And it's not a new thing, either. Very puzzling.