Saturday, August 22, 2020

TUTORIAL: HOW TO TURN YOUR COMBINE ON A STEEP HILLSIDE

This is a trial post to see if I can learn to use the new Blogger format.

Moving to corner -- get ready to turn

Mike is posting the saga of his latest motocaching trip, and to his credit, he tackled the new Blogger format. I admit that I took one look at it and went right back to “legacy Blogger,” but they tell us the new format is here to stay because the platform on which it was originally built is obsolete and will soon be discontinued. Bottom line: If we want to continue as Blogger bloggers, we have to learn the new format.

Start counterclockwise turn
Slow and easy now

Even though I post pictures all the time, I have never found it easy to format them in Blogger. One or two work well. Six or seven is maximum. And it’s always easier to align the photos if you have more text. Just posting the pictures doesn’t work well.

Whew! We did it!

In fact, I’m actually expanding the text right now so that I can post the photo tutorial of how to turn your combine on a steep hillside. Hopefully, you will never have to do this, but if you do, these photos will show you how.

This is going to take more experimentation -- blogging, not turning my combine. KW

2 comments:

Chuck said...

One thing I learned was to not turn faster than the leveler could keep the machine level. When I was in college, my tractor driver didn't follow that rule, and it nearly tipped the combine I was operating over, which would have been a disaster. My guardian angel must have kept it from rolling.

Kathy said...

Haha! You know more about turning a combine than I do. The post is a joke, of course. I just wanted to experiment with the new Blogger format.