Tuesday, November 10, 2020

WINTER GEOCACHING

From the old ShopKo parking lot looking west over the top of the shopping center

The weather has turned wintry for sure. Here in the Valley we have skiffs of snow that disappear in the “warmth” of the afternoon while the upper country gets real snow. Ina, my alter ego, has slipped into the sewing room to prepare for her 1930’s skimpy Christmas, but Mike is firmly grounded in the present.

“I discovered there are new caches in the area,” he announced on Sunday. “I thought we could geocache this afternoon.”

I thought it was really too cold for such a venture, but I did see it as a photo opp. I grabbed the camera and put on my winter coat. I was right about the cold, though. It was 36 degrees and the wind was blowing. I was fine if we could quickly locate the cache, but I opted to stay in the car if the process involved searching and fiddling. I think we found three and didn’t find two.

Lewiston, Idaho

“Don’t you want to look for the caches on the levee?” I asked as Mike turned the Jeep toward home. “No!” he said. Okay, we’ll leave those for a warmer day.

I did get a few photos of wintry weather in the Valley.

Rodent Battle Report: No new trappings. No new sightings. “Not a creature was stirring – not even a mouse.” KW

 

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good news on the rodent front! And I think you are just the best sport to stand around in such cold weather, even if you were taking pictures. I especially liked the first one. Brrrr. It's just been COLD and damp and snowy up here.