Tuesday, March 15, 2022

DEATH VALLEY DAYS STACATION – DAY 3

By the time I took Bess to her kennel last night, I had 10,000 Fitbit steps for the day.

It was fairly warm at bedtime – 55 – and 44 when I arose this morning. A dark, dreary, rainy morning turned into a lovely, windy March afternoon.

I got Bess up at 7:00, and after we greeted each other enthusiastically, she whined. I knew what she wanted. I showed her that Mike was not in the bedroom and assured her that we are having a good time even so. She whined again, but then she finished her breakfast and curled up on her pillow in resignation.

Hallie messaged this morning that she and Nick have been reading to Silas from the cloth nursery rhyme book I stitched up. She wanted to know why I had chosen volume 2, so I explained it was the only panel available at the time. Did they want volumes 1 and 3, I asked, and she responded that Silas likes to turn the pages of the books, but he can’t yet manage the board books. She said it would be nice to have more, but she knows I have lots of projects. And that’s true enough, but nothing is as rewarding as making a gift that someone actually wants, so today I ordered fabric panels for volumes 1 and 3 of Mary Englebreit’s Mother Goose cloth book from an Etsy seller.

Speaking of projects, this afternoon I finished Silas’ Christmas stocking, with the exception of the lining. And now it’s on to the next thing, but that’s a topic for another day.



No staycation gift was delivered today, but I expect one tomorrow.

Another 10,000-step day. KW

3 comments:

Hallie said...

You get a lot of steps when Dad is away. It seems he’s been holding you back!

Chris said...

That stocking is so cute!! Well done!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Chris. My original plan was to cross stitch a little fox onto the side of the stocking, but I opted instead for this fox face as the cuff of the stocking.