Monday, March 14, 2022

DEATH VALLEY DAYS STAYCATION – DAY 2

Yesterday went reasonably well. Bess got over her funk, and I finished the day with 11,000+ Fitbit steps.

I was wide awake at 5:50 this morning, and of course, on standard time, that was 4:50, but I have to quit thinking that way. I arose drowsily and started my day. Mike had built a fire in the little stove, so I lit it. I didn’t get Bess up until 7:00, and she greeted me enthusiastically.

I have been crocheting. This is my third attempt to make a crocheted Christmas stocking for baby grandson Silas, whose middle name is “Fox.” It’s sorta reminiscent of “sly fox,” don’t you think? But when I was there last month, Silas didn’t seem sly at all. His nursery theme is woodland animals, and I naturally think in terms of a fox as I plan projects for him. So, the difficulty with this stocking is that I have an idea in my head to make a “fox” stocking, but it’s difficult since I don’t have a pattern to follow. And I want it to be special, so I’m obsessing over it, but I’m pleased to report that the current effort seems to be coming along.  

I hadn’t expected delivery of a gift today, but the mailman came early and surprised me with a book I had ordered -- Growing Vegetables in Drought, Desert and Dry Times by Maureen Gilmer. I know – it’s not really a personally inspirational gift, but that’s okay. I’m interested to know if I can improve my vegetable-growing efforts in these hot times.

A pleasant and uneventful day. KW

1 comment:

Chris said...

I can't believe how early you get up!! Eight o'clock and I'm trundling into the kitchen looking for a coffee cup.