Friday, March 18, 2022

DEATH VALLEY STAYCATION – DAY 6

This is the last day of staycation. Mike will be home tomorrow (Saturday). These staycations always seem to be over about as soon as they start.  

It was warmer again this morning but not THAT warm, so I decided to have a fire in the stove. It’s actually easier to get a fire started when it’s cold outside, so at this time of year, a morning fire is better than one in the evening.

As planned, today I stitched up the cloth books for Silas, staying on task until they were finished. And then I mailed them. I’m quite proud of myself.

The mailman didn’t deliver a gift, so I took advantage of a download special offered by one of my favorite websites. KW


4 comments:

Chris said...

I'm proud of you, too! Way to nail a project!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Chris! It was a fun project.

Hallie said...

One of the books seems to mostly be rhymes that can be sung. There is one I was not familiar with and I wonder if it has a song—a repeated line is “sleep, baby, sleep”.

Kathy said...

Yes, it is a song. In fact, Most nursery rhymes have melodies. When I was a child, t had a phonograph and many records, both stories and songs. I think I still have them someplace but probably the worse for wear -- and it doesn't matter. We can find those tunes. Here's a link to the tune I like best for "Sleep, Baby, Sleep." -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcGK_GO5qc8