Sunday, February 18, 2024

BRIEF UPDATE

I just finished a post titled “incarcerated loved ones,” but I’m afraid to publish it. My philosophy of online journaling is to avoid strongly-held opinions – no religion, politics, or controversial / unpleasant topics. Oh, I’m opinionated all right! I just don’t enjoy confrontation or debating issues, especially in my happy place. And I don’t want to burden my readers with anger and grief.

Still, my blog stats seem to suggest that readers might be looking for updates regarding our quest for “justice for Milo.” It’s a work in progress. We have now entered our third month of waiting for the investigative report. It’s either an in-depth investigation, or they’re stalling. Maybe it’s just on the back burner because they don’t care. The whole thing is devastating, disappointing, depressing, but tomorrow is another day. KW

4 comments:

Chris said...

Ditto to Chuck's comment.

Kathy said...

Such a lovely sentiment! Thanks to both of you.

John Webb of KHQ-Spokane came to the house yesterday to interview us. "How do you feel about this," this asked, and I realized that while we are angry, we show a calm demeanor. Perhaps you know how it is -- the day goes by fine but at night, you lie awake.

Anyway, I will post links to the interviews when they become available.

Hallie said...

I find that anger and sorrow are in competition. Most of the time, I feel such deep sadness about the situation that the energy for anger is absent. It's there, but he's a tired old dog.

Kathy said...

The interview shows that you are thinking clearly about the situation, but you have my permission to let it go, or at least to take a break. Try to put it aside for awhile.