Monday, October 8, 2018

LITTLE TUDOR HALLOWEEN UPDATE


Little Tudor -- back in the day

Can you believe it’s already the 8th day of October? It’s too late for me to finish a lot of the quilts, afghans, dolls, and doll clothes on my perpetual pre-Christmas “to do” list. Oh well – there’s always next year. I just keep telling myself that all that matters is that I’m calm and collected and having a (reasonably) good time.

Newly purchased by Nick and Hallie
When daughter Hallie and Nick bought their cute little rundown Tudor in Seattle, it sparked my imagination as a Halloween house. I’m really proud of all they have done to bring the house to life. Hallie has chronicled the process on her blog, Seattle Tudor Renovation. This year she was inspired to decorate for Halloween and shared the new photos which I post below.

Little Tudor today -- getting ready for Halloween
As the 1920s became the 1930s, many of these little houses were built in Seattle’s Ballard District. Hallie says they differ mainly in the type of entrance, and she has counted five variations. A larger, two-story model also exists. Today, these houses appear well-maintained for the most part, but perhaps only the houses know what they have been through over the last 80 to 90 years.

Halloween decorations
Hallie and Nick have remodeled their house, beginning with the kitchen, which they repaired and painted without making major changes. Having accomplished much with the rest of the house so that the main floor is livable, I understand that they are now back around to the kitchen, considering what might be done to modernize and improve it. Meanwhile, a new furnace is next. KW

4 comments:

M/W said...

Looks pretty scary cool.

Hallie said...

I didn’t go crazy with the decorations. I just wanted a little something to show spirit. We’ll probably carve pumpkins and put them out on Halloween.

Yep! New gas furnace to be installed later this month and then we’ll be gearing up for the kitchen. I’m not excited for another project but I AM excited for a dishwasher.

Kathy said...

Whatever decorations you have will need to be stored, unless you decide not to keep them from year to year. It's good to show a little spirit, and the house is a great backdrop.

Chris said...

Hallie's little house is so cute! They've done an amazing job on it so far. I'm excited about a new kitchen!! Can't wait to see what they come up with. (I know the new furnace comes next, a necessity, but it's not nearly as exciting as the kitchen.)