Monday, October 22, 2018

STAYCATION GIFT ARRIVES

To my way of thinking, a staycation gift should arrive during staycation. In this case, I ordered during staycation, and it arrived today. It was two bundles of fabric remnants ordered from Etsy seller Lee and Pearl, who design and sew beautiful clothes for 18-inch dolls.

 Bundle #1 has a Halloweenish appearance and the dark colors don't show up well in the photo. The bright polka dot is a cotton fat quarter, while the purple polka dot under it is a larger piece of cotton. The orange piece is suede, and the bottom piece is a rich purple velour that seems to have some stretchiness. I don't know what we call the lighter chiffon-like pieces -- maybe chiffon. I just don't know. Bottom left is a stretch knit, about enough for a pair of leggings.



Bundle #2 -- In the top right corner of this photo is a good-sized piece of what seems to be a soft velvety corduroy. The purple with tiny flowers is cotton. You can see a piece of fake fur there, and the bright pink is suede. The whitish piece is a "shaper," and the lavender is again a chiffon-like piece. 

Both bundles contained embroidery floss. And in my box I found several elastics and trims.

It's a fun gift. It brightened my day. And now I'll see if I can use it. KW

2 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like you got quite a bit! Now for the pondering!! Getting stuff in the mail is just so much fun.

Kathy said...

Yes, it IS fun to get stuff in the mail. And you're right -- the pondering begins. I've discovered that pairing pattern and fabric can be quite time-consuming.