Sunday, April 14, 2019

MOVED -- LEFT NO FORWARDING


Friday afternoon, Mike opened the slider and invited me outside to see something. “Bring the camera,” he said.

There, over the light on the garage, a dove had built her nest. I took a picture from a ways back, and then I crept forward and took another. She was not flighty. In fact, she had no intention of moving from her perch.





 
However, she did leave Saturday afternoon and did not return. Mike wonders if a hawk got her. I prefer to think she just realized her view property was not appropriate for raising a family. I hope she found a roomier, more protected spot.
 



This morning Mike climbed up and removed the nest. Not much to it. Definitely not a sturdy home. KW

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm with you--we'll just hope she found a better condo!