Tuesday, April 16, 2019

SUNDAY AFTERNOON OUTING


In recent years, Mike has done most of his geocaching alone, usually traveling to them on his motorcycle, but Sunday (April 14) he invited me to go with him to pick up three or four new ones here in town.

The first was right here in our neighborhood. Perhaps three years ago, someone – I assume it was a kid – drove this little pick-up off a hillside, wrecking it in the process. And here it sits, abandoned just as it landed. Over time it has been stripped of anything of value or use – and probably much that wasn’t. (Initially, there was a laptop in it, and a lot of other stuff.) Apparently no one is coming to clean up this mess, and while I have an opinion, I'm grateful it's not my problem.

Anyway, there’s a cache here, and we searched the wreck over thoroughly without success. Finally, we paid more attention to the hint and were able to find it close by.

We found an easy cache in Asotin, where I took the above picture of the Snake River.


And we had a DNF (did not find) in Lewiston, after which we found a cache at a residence in Clarkton. We finished by stopping at Walmart to get Bess some dog food. KW

No comments: