Saturday, June 29, 2019

JUST A BRIEF STAYCATION


Mike and son Clint left yesterday (Friday, June 28) on an overnight motorcycle trip. They will be back today, and it can’t happen soon enough to suit Bess, who mopes when her special guy isn’t here. I’m just not enough for her.

Originally, Mike had planned a trip to Challis and the Salmon River country. However, he discovered plenty of road construction along that route and opted instead for a trip to Oregon through Walla Walla.

So yes – since I’m staycating with Bess, I have provided gifts for myself, mostly related to my hobby interest in dolls. I enrolled in a course (doll clothes design) and ordered the “textbook.” And I also ordered a few pattern downloads. Instant gratification! I have way more patterns than I’ll ever use – maybe – but it doesn’t cost much to support the designers whose websites bring me much joy.

I’m still practicing with swimsuit knits, and yesterday I successfully completed another. Not all my efforts are successful. Some have gone into the wastebasket. I’m trying to be philosophical about that as I (hopefully) learn to do a better job. KW


6 comments:

Chris said...

Oooo, that's a cute one! Where do you get your fold-over elastic?

Kathy said...

Interesting that you would ask, Chris. I bought a number of packages on clearance at JoAnn's last year, but recently I watched a tutorial in which the presenter said that foldover elastic is inexpensive and could be had through Etsy sellers. So, this afternoon I bought a grab bag of 10 yards for about $3.50 (plus postage). The colors will be mixed -- no choice.

I try to use what I have on hand, and so my projects aren't always well coordinated. That said, "making do" appeals to me. AND -- it's not like we can run down to the fabric district.

Chris said...

Hmmm, now I have to think if I want to jump down this rabbit hole with you. LOL I have the swimsuit pattern...

Kathy said...

Haha! I know about this contagion. I bought from LulisSupplyShop on Etsy because it was easy to navigate. But -- if you just want to give the swimsuit a try, there's always JoAnn's.

The swimsuit pattern, as you know, if a freebie from Liberty Jane on Pixie Faire. It's a fun project -- works up quickly. Swimsuit patterns abound. I just bought Lee and Pearl's because I couldn't resist the tush ruffle.

Becky said...

Once again...... LOVE the swimsuit!!!!! :)

Kathy said...

Hi Becky!
We'll see to it Hazel has a new swimsuit soon.