Thursday, July 30, 2020

WORKING ON PROJECTS




Mike found an antique Cosco step stool in the barn and decided to refurbish it. He took it apart, had it sandblasted, and will repaint it. I’m reasonably certain it was the stool we had in town when I was a girl. It’s probably older than I am. You can still buy these stools, but I’ve read that today’s model is not the quality of yesterday’s. I hope it proves to be a useful kitchen stool. I have used children's Sunday school chairs to reach upper shelves, and it's time for something sturdier.

Mike also inserted new caning in the seat of an antique rocking chair. It sounds so simple to say that, but it was a time-consuming process.

I lost momentum with my sewing projects this spring, but I finished this cute daisy sundress and shrug, a fabric panel from Tea Time Fabrics on Etsy (here). It went together quickly and easily, and I enjoyed making it. The best part, as you can see, is that Shirley Anne loves it! 



I also finished this doll-sized quilt using the “Tropical Illusions” pattern by Lillie Stone on Pixie Faire




 

Swimsuit Variations was the July topic of the Pixie Faire “Sewing with Cinnamon” sew-along. Molly models one that I just finished. It seems like this topic comes up every summer, and I wondered just how many swimsuits one doll could use, but I was assured that Hazel loves swimsuits. KW

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh well done! The swimsuit is adorable!! Perfectly done and so very cute. I love it. And that tiny quilt? Amazing. Shirley Anne looks adorable in her new outfit so I hope you're keeping it. I love how you've posed her outside. I'm inspired!

Kathy said...

What nice comments, Chris. Of course, nothing is perfect, but with time, I forget the mistakes. The swimsuit is a case in point. One evening I was ready to toss it and start over, but in the morning I finished it up.

Yes, I will keep the panel dress. I have another panel dress to make and am thinking of ordering another. I have a nice bagful of things for Hazel, too.

Hallie said...

And a matching handbag! The photo shoot setting is lovely.

Kathy said...

Hallie, that lovely hollyhock upgrades the raised bed from dilapidated to rustic. I love it!