Sunday, October 10, 2021

MEANWHILE, AS WE WAIT . . .

 

We’re still waiting for Little Guy, but I hasten to post this because he’ll be here soon, or I’m not Gramma Kathy. 

Hallie, Little Guy's mother, has made use of the extra waiting hours to make these cute Halloween ghost ornaments for their yard. She did them all herself – drew the templates, cut them out, and painted them. I couldn’t help but think how much her little boy will enjoy such activities.


 

After discussion with Hallie, we agreed that she won’t need me for a few days yet, so Mike and I came to the farm today. I remembered to put the camera in the basket, but ironically, we almost left the basket behind.

 

As soon as we had unpacked, Mike and Bess went bird-hunting while I poisoned the gopher holes. We didn’t see much gopher activity during the summer, but they were obviously busy this week.

Morning rain was predicted, but it didn’t happen here. It was a mild 55 when we arrived. We had clouds and sun during the afternoon, making beautiful fast-moving shadows on the fields. KW

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm excitedly awaiting the news of Little Guy's arrival!! And Hallie, you did an amazing job on those decorations! Such talent!! In two years (next year may be a little early) he'll be out there helping you push them into the yard.