Monday, October 18, 2021

TIME TO GO HOME

Silas Fox at one week

I will miss little Silas, but I can’t stay here forever. The family needs their space, and besides, I’m not sure I’m all that helpful. I need to return to my own life – my husband, my house, my own bed, and my projects. Provided I make it through the airport and onto the plane tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct. 19), Mike will pick me up at the Moscow-Pullman Airport. I should be home by 3:00 p.m.

Someone reminded us the other day of the book, Silas Marner. I think I read it in high school. Hallie has ordered it from the library, and I downloaded it as an audiobook. How long has it been since you read Silas Marner? Do you remember the story?

Silas and Gramma Kathy, bonding

Our Silas is a pretty good baby. Oh, he has a temper, but he can also be quietly awake and take good long naps. Hallie is able to juggle his care with household chores.

And Nick is a “Silas whisperer.” Silas responds well to his dad’s firm handling. And a fussy Silas is calmed when Nick carries him up and down the basement stairway. “I don’t know why this works,” says Nick, “but it does.” KW

1 comment:

Chris said...

Little Silas is one handsome baby! And I remember the title Silas Marner, and I think I probably did read it, but have no remembrance of the story. I'll have to look it up.

I'm impressed that Hallie is already back to household chores, and I love that Nick is already a hands-on daddy. I could never have done parenthood without all Dan's help.