Saturday, November 9, 2019

KW’S EXCELLENT HOLIDAY STAYCATION -- DAY 1


Mike left at 6:45 Friday morning for another excellent adventure -- bird hunting in Colorado and Nebraska with son Yancey. The GTI was packed and ready to go. I thought I had talked him into taking the Jeep, but no – in the end he left in the GTI. He will talk about gas mileage blah blah blah, but he wanted to drive the GTI. Unfortunately, we spent the last 20 minutes trying to turn off the rear dome light, reading both the manual and online forums. It seems to me that you just have to play with the switches until you find the right combination, and apparently that's what he did because he messaged later that he had figured it out. Now, if only he can remember what he did because undoubtedly there will be a next time.

As I made a sandwich for Mike’s lunch, Bess sighed heavily on her pillow, not knowing that she was going, too. You should have seen her jump up and run when Mike called, “Come on, Bess.” She didn't need a second invitation.

And then they were off. We did discuss the possibility of my going with him, but I didn’t want to. Christmas is coming, and I felt that travel would just be a distraction to what I want to accomplish. My imaginary Grandma Ina and I are busy this time of year.

Hopeful dolls: Katie, Shirley Anne, and Marrilee
I was wistful, though, “ere he drove out of sight,” so the first thing I did was to shop for my main staycation gift – Microsoft Word for my laptop -- because my previous version had expired. It isn’t that I think Word is so great, but it’s better than Libre. I had it purchased and installed in a flash. I am so happy!

And then, with all the excitement, the early start to the day, and some strenuous stretches at yoga, I admit that I sorta fell in a heap, as Chris puts it, but at least I’m well organized on paper. Let the celebrating begin! KW

3 comments:

Chris said...

Let the fun begin! Sewing, no schedules to keep, not even the doggie! Sounds like fun to me! Oh, and trips to the fabric store in a racy red jeep!! Lots of great sales coming up at JoAnn's!! I'm thinking I need to make a list and check my threads. Right after I take a little nap!!

Chris said...

Oh, I mentioned to Dan your post title and he says maybe it should say "Shop-Cation!" I think your title needs the addition of "Excellent" in front of Holiday. :-)

Kathy said...

Okay -- great idea! Title tweaked.

Oh yes! I went to JoAnn's yesterday and bought two one-yard cuts of fabric for the Gingerbread Project. And I might go again, but perhaps I should get to work using up what's on hand. Still . . .