Wednesday, November 20, 2019

RETURNING FROM STAYCATION


Since I was staycating, not traveling, I don’t have to unpack and settle into routine, but nevertheless, there’s an adjustment. I had to put away my messes, and I’m still at it, but the outstanding staycation gifts have buoyed me through the process.

The yarn from LoveCrafts came yesterday – a pretty metallic DK in yummy colors for doll sweaters.


 And today, the one-liter holiday thermal carafe was delivered. It isn’t new but appears unused. I admit a “like new” condition was important to me, at least that it hadn’t been used for coffee. They do become stained with use. My own stain is okay, but someone else’s? – not so much. 




Satruday, Nov. 16
Wednesday, Nov. 20
The big maple tree has suddenly dropped its leaves, but Mike is waiting for them to dry a bit before he rakes them up. KW

2 comments:

Chris said...

Ohhh, I love those yarns! Can't wait to see what you make from them.

I'm not a fan of someones else's stains, either. Looks like you scored a good carafe. How do you use it? Do you make up a pot of tea and drink it over the morning? I confess I make whatever I'm drinking hot by the mugful and then reheat numerous times in the microwave over the morning!

Kathy said...

I make a pot of tea in the carafe and Mike and I each have a cup, but I also drink slowly and have to rewarm. Or, sometimes I pour more hot tea from the pot. A thermal carafe probably isn't necessary, but I've been doing it this way for years.

I would rather have had one from Lenox, Spode, or Pfaltzgraff, but apparently these are no longer available new, and this one had the benefit of being unused at half the price.