Friday, June 12, 2020

A RED-LETTER DAY!


I got my hair cut Thursday morning. Wonderful! No more bedhead! A sign on the salon door read, “It is recommended to wear a mask before entering the salon.” So, I retrieved my mask and tied it on below my hairline. Of course, the stylist also wore a mask.

And then – OH HAPPY DAY! – still wearing my mask, I went to JoAnn’s where I bought five spools of thread to replenish my supply of white and a couple of fat quarters, just for the fun of it. I could have stayed for hours, starved as I am for the inspiration of fabric, yarn, notions, patterns, etc.

Then – still wearing my mask – I went to Albertson’s for our weekly groceries. The strawberries looked luscious, so I bought a box. And meat. I just shut my eyes to the price and picked up some hamburger and chicken breasts. And lots of produce.

We’re at the farm now, even though it’s supposed to be cold and rainy. Mike was anxious to mow again before the grass got too high. More about the farm tomorrow. KW

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yay for haircuts!! It's amazing how it changes everything when our hair is freshly cut. It's like it's a whole new world. At least that's how it seems to me. And then to go shopping! A red-letter day for certain! So happy for you!

Hallie said...

I don't even know when a haircut might be in my future. The dentist wants me to reschedule my cancelled appointment from March, but I'm much less motivated to do that.